Welcome to the Barcelona Hiking and Outdoors Group! If you are new to it, fear not. Our group is the virtual place that connects us, the group and all its members, with you, the lover of hiking, mountaineering and outdoor activities in general. In this way we have a fantastic way of finding excursions, meeting people who join our outings and above all having a good time. Welcome to the Barcelona Hikers community!
What is this group?
This group is a virtual meeting place where fans of the mountains and outdoor activities can get in touch and share their hobbies. The Organizer and his Assistants are in charge of the contents of the group's page, they ensure a good atmosphere among the members of the group, and ensure that activities are proposed with some regularity that allow the members of the group to get to know each other. In addition to having a good time, from time to time we participate in the protection of the environment and other solidarity events.
The Organizers are in no case guides or professionals of the activities. It is the responsibility of each participant to assess whether he is qualified to participate in the activities proposed here.
What is not this group?
This group is not a mountain club or association, therefore it cannot offer what an organization of this type offers. Members of our group are also members of mountain clubs, through which you can access federative licenses (from the FEEC) that include insurance for mountain activities, among other things. We recommend that you obtain this license. This group is not a travel agency or any type of company or organization for profit.
How do we operate?
- Membership Rules (please read them carefully).
- If you do not have experience in the mountains, it is very important that you read the Essentials of Hiking.
- To find out how to behave in the mountains, be sure to read the Leave no trace.
- To find out the rules that organizers must respect, see also Rules for Organizers.
- If you want to organize activities, here you will find a useful guide on how to organize them: How to organize an event