Everyone that hikes away from a trailhead should be carrying the twelve essentials in their backpack. The 12 essentials are the top 12 most important things to carry with you when hiking or backpacking:
- Water. Carry your water in durable bottles that have secure screw on lids, not the bike water bottle type with the pop-up tops. These leak and your water will be gone and your clothes will be wet. Also be sure to carry water treatment in case you run out of water – this includes iodine tablets or a water purification filter.
If you want enjoy your outdoor experiences and also want others to enjoy your track the same way that you are enjoying it, follow this guide about the basics of the behaviour that it is expected from you when you go hiking.
Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Know the regulations and concerns for the area you’ll be hiking, backpacking, or camping in. Restrictions are based on any past abuse and the special conditions of an area.
- Avoid the popular areas during heavy use times.
Before you were allowed to join our group, you had to accept Meetup’s Terms of Service. One of the most important sections in these terms as an Event Host, is Section 6 which refers to liability. Here is a link for your review. In simple language, you and only you, are responsible for your safety at all times if you participate in an event with this group. By joining an event you are also accepting the list below. This second check has to be done, because of Catalan legislation (Decret 333/2002 Art. 7), just to make clear that you accept to be a co-organizer of the event.
This page is a guide or check list for all event organizers (new ones and experienced). It is a list of advices. It should not be understood as a list of rules. Send me please any suggestions that you think that would be useful.
- When should I plan the event?
- The meeting time is your decision, but you should take into account the following: